Over the last say four years the European CEN eInvoicing Workshop has produced several deliverables on standardisation aspects of e-invoicing. Currently the CEN Phase III e-invoicing workshop is coming to an end. The overall target of Phase 3 has been “Integration of efforts in standardisation and developments”. In Europe that is.
The results of Phase III will be presented and discussed with its participants and the attending public during an event that will take place on the 12 December 2011 in Brussels, Belgium.
Expected Phase III deliverables
Previous deliverables of the CEN E-invoicing workshop can be found here (Phase 1) and here (Phase II). Some time ago we scrutinized the Phase II deliverables.
These are the main expected deliverables of the Phase III E-invoicing Workshop
E-invoicing Code of Practice
The European Commission asked CEN to develop by the end of 2011, a Code of Practice. This Code of Practice should be adopted by trading parties, services providers and public authorities, should include a consistent terminology and a definition of roles and responsibilities of the distinct actors within the e-invoicing process. See also:
– Public review of 3 Draft CEN E-invoicing Workshop Agreements (CWAs)
– Expert Group: ‘Code of Practice on Electronic Invoicing in Europe’
The E-invoicing Compliance Toolbox
This masterpiece started with the E-invoicing Compliance Guidelines, with a tricky Microsoft Excel sheet, called the E-invoicing Compliance Matrix. But now they’ve come up with a nifty little interactive database lets you determine e-invoicing risks (why), requirements (what), controls (how), examples, guidance and implementation issues.
– The Nifty EU E-invoicing Compliance Matrix
‘Core’ Cross Industry Invoice European Message
What do you do when you want full scale e-invoicing adoption? You create yet another standard. You might ask silly questions like: “But, aren’t there already enough standards? Don’t these extra standards lead to more fragmentation? Shouldn’t we promote adoption in stead?” This is what we wrote some time ago:
– Is Europe abandoning its single invoice standard strategy?
– Why consider CII or SEPA with the advent of UBL 2.1?
– Project on EU ‘core’ e-invoice implementation guideline
The enablement of European SMEs to use e-invoicing
Ehh, well we don’t have a clue really. Anyone?
Are you interested in attending the public consultation? Here is some more information:
- What: CEN ISSS E-invoicing Phase II Public Consultation
- When: 12 December 2011
- Where: DIAMANT BUILDING Boulevard Reyers 80, 1030 BRUSSELS
- Costs: none, but registration is required
- Register: required before 6th December at http://bit.ly/snzuSG